*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788523-Hand-Me-A-Wrench
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#788523 added August 9, 2013 at 3:09pm
Restrictions: None
Hand Me A Wrench
August 9th, 2013

My hats are off to the mechanic and that includes all of you out in the WDC wilderness. You are what gives me the breath to want to keep going. I am in a continued exodus to fix up a car for me to use. It is my son's 1998 Toyota. My friend is the mechanic and I have stars in the eyes wonderment at what he is accomplishing with the car.*StarStruck* Thus far we have changed out the starter, battery, alternator and belts. In an old car like this none of it was easy. I would have given up at several points in which he found the extra ooomf to go get er done. He told me to get the license plate from my totalled car ready. I am more than willing to see that there are fruits from the time we have put in. My dad used to yell and scream at me and call me names when I tried to help in mechanical endeavors. Bill just smile and grunts. I am the gofer comic relief. And guess what for the first time in my life I am having fun engaging in mechanical craft. I laugh at my own silliness at trying to figure out what is going on. I laugh also at the incredible effort that gets the job done. Wow this can actually happen! When we started it was more like; what are we getting ourselves into? Now it is more like waiting for the adventure into what the next adventure in the caralaxy that we teach me more about myself and life.

The same sentiments go to you dedicated WDC writers that I review on a regular basis. It is all about mechanics and as I looked at my signature piece Witness to Withness I find my eyes rolling up inside my head. I am seeing the need to start anew. What a train wreck! *RollEyes* It is one thing to review the work of others and another to review your own "gems". It is time to get the wrench out and see what I can redeem from what has become a mess. Maybe I can learn to be the mechanic my friend is and in time find a way to get the story vehicle back on the road.





© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788523-Hand-Me-A-Wrench