*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790180-Gearing-Up-For-A-Busy-Weekend
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#790180 added August 31, 2013 at 12:45pm
Restrictions: None
Gearing Up For A Busy Weekend

Even though it was a busy week (work was hectic and it was my wife's first week of teaching at her new school), I don't think that's anything compared to the stuff on tap for this weekend. It's a long holiday weekend, and even though we're not traveling anywhere, somehow we've managed to book ourselves up with errands and activities.

Today I'm going to a live fantasy football draft with some writer friends. Somewhere along the way, we discovered a mutual interest in fantasy sports (okay, some of us discovered others' interest in fantasy sports and agreed to play in a league together. *Rolleyes*), and now every year we play fantasy football and fantasy baseball, and get together for good company, junk food, and friendly banter during the live drafts before the season. I have to go all the way across the city this afternoon because the guy who's hosting it is in the Valley... but it should be fun.

Since I'm missing our usual Saturday service to go to the draft, I have to go to church either tomorrow morning (most likely) or evening because I volunteered to do a sermon recap for their blog. I sometimes contribute recaps or devotionals or other writing when they need an extra writer, and everyone seems to be out of town for Labor Day, so I volunteered to fill in. Have I mentioned how happy I am that the church we go to offers five weekend services so we can pick and choose which one is most convenient for our schedules? *Bigsmile*

And then, of course, there's the part of the weekend that I'm most excited about. At the stroke of midnight tonight, Writing.Com turns thirteen years old! *Shock* {e:awe}

The StoryMaster and The StoryMistress have done an amazing job pulling together more birthday activities than I've ever seen for this site. I'm personally running two... a horror/dark poetry contest (totally works with the birthday theme, don't you think? *Wink*), and - as far as I know - the site's first ever birthday erotica contest! I thought it would be a good opportunity to jump back into my groups "The Dark Society and "Unofficial Erotica Newsletter Group which I haven't had a lot of time to focus on lately. Hopefully this is the start of a more active period for both of them. Oh, and I'm also participating in a birthday activity run by the talented Brooklyn , and volunteering to judge a round of a Senior Moderator hosted birthday contest. Did I mention Riot also recruited me and is trying to fatten me up with a cupcake eating birthday fundraiser? Someone's going to need to host a walk-a-thon to help me burn all these calories after it's all said and done! *Laugh*

And somewhere along the way, I want to figure out how to participate in the many, many other member-hosted birthday activities. I really need to get back in the writing habit, and I think all the wonderful WdC birthday festivities is the perfect place to do so. *Smile*

Yep, it's going to be a busy few days!

© Copyright 2013 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790180-Gearing-Up-For-A-Busy-Weekend