*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791949-Funny-Friday-Instruction-Manual-4-School-of-Hard-Knocks
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#791949 added September 20, 2013 at 12:26pm
Restrictions: None
Funny Friday: Instruction Manual 4 School of Hard Knocks
The September 20, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Write your own back-to-school instruction manual. It could be from a parent's POV or a student's. Maybe the lunch lady needs one. Play with the idea and see what happens.

Author Note: This manual is written from the point of view of a Doctoral student of the University of Hard Knocks.1 The goal of this author is to assist students just entering this Institute of Higher Learning in pursuit their degrees.

Part 1: Necessary Tools

*Check1* Faith either in a Higher Being, the generosity of the universe, or yourself. Remember that the universe is not necessarily out to get you, but to provide you soul and/or spirit with an education so that upon its graduation (death of the body) it will be prepared to advance into the next stage of its existence.

*Check2* A sense of humor, so that you can laugh at your own foibles or foolishness in the face of certain disaster.

*Check3* Intuition or gut feeling that guides you to take action "without fully understanding why".2

*Check4* Creativity which is your ability to consider new ideas, possibilities, or take different approaches to solve the problems and difficulties that you encounter each day.

*Check5* A first aid kit which includes a support system and necessary ointments, bandages, and other items to heal the bruises and wounds that are inflected on your body, mind, spirit, and ego. This is a necessary tool because all the classes at UHK are a mix of physical, spiritual, and mental instructions designed to impart life lessons to your spirit.

Part 2: Test Schedule

*Check* There will be one or more tests everyday beginning on the first day you enter UHK.

*Checkr* If you fail a test then you will have unlimited chances to pass it, but each time you retake the test it will become more difficult,

*Checkg* If you are having difficulty passing a test then go to your first aid kit and discuss it with your counselor.

*Checkb* At the end of each day or each test review what you have learned because you will need these facts in upcoming tests.

Part 3: Video

*Note0* This video is required view and should be reviewed at periodic intervals.


Part 4: Reading

*Note1* Any and all books that arouse the student's curiosity or are needed in any other schools are required reading.

Thought of the Day: "I, on the other hand, am a fully-rounded human being, with a degree from the University of Life, a diploma from the school of hard knocks, and three gold stars from the Kindergarten of Getting the shit Kicked Out of Me." - Rowan Atkinson

Footnotes
1  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_of_Hard_Knocks
2  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/intuition


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791949-Funny-Friday-Instruction-Manual-4-School-of-Hard-Knocks