*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793067-I-Write-Letters-to-Dead-People
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#793067 added October 2, 2013 at 9:43pm
Restrictions: None
I Write Letters to Dead People
I went to my grief counseling group meeting this afternoon, when I returned home about 5:30 I realized I hadn't written my mother a letter in a week or so. I can't remember precisely when I wrote her last, I know it was sometime in September. Mom probably knows what's going on in my life, after all she has passed beyond this "veil of tears" into a happier realm; however, I like to write her a letter once in a while. Mom isn't the only "dead person" who gets a letter from me. I try to write to the following people at least once a month.

*Leaf1* Grandma Mary
*Leaf2* Grandpa Frank
*Leaf3* Grandma Belva
*Leaf4* Grandpa John
*Leaf5* Daddy
*Leafr* Uncle Roy

Dear Mom,

I went to the grief counseling meting this afternoon, I took the dress and the jacket you made when you could still sow and do fashion painting. You know the one I am talking about, the one withe the flowers and the rubber band painting design. On Saturday, October 19 at 9:00 am, Creekside Hospice is holding a "To Smile Again" breakfast at the golf course on... All of a sudden I for got the name of the street. Oh yes, Desert Inn and South Eastern. Anyway, I am going to the event and taking the dress as my "memory stone" all though I like to call it my "memory anchor". I remember how much you enjoyed making the dress and then painting it. I also remember how much you enjoyed wearing it.

I am not giving that dress away. I know it is too small for me. I know I can not wear it and that it will just take up space in my closet, but I ca not give it away just yet. Give me another year or two then maybe I will find someone who likes it and can wear it. I does not really matter how long I keep it because it was your dress. I smile every time I think about you wearing it.

I know it probably sound weird to write you a letter, but it makes me feel better. I would much rather write a letter then visit your grave. The stone is beautiful and the sentiment written on it is beautiful. It has a rose engraved on the stone as well. You liked roses, especially red roses. I have considered putting roses on your grave, the cemetery will not let me plant a rosebush by your grave and I am not sure that is where you would want one planted. Roses on graves are pretty and they express the proper sentiment, but I do not think that is where a living rosebush should be planted.

I found your shell bracelet, Grandpa's picket watch, and your lucky stone. You know the one I am talking about, the smooth rock with the flower painted on it. I put it on the dining room table for now. I have to pack it in one of the suitcases so that I can take it with me. I have a lot of work to do, but the only thing I want to do is write. I am going to close this letter now, Mama. Please give every one my love.

Love,
Neva (aka Prosperous Snow)




© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793067-I-Write-Letters-to-Dead-People