*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793535-Six-Days-into-October
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#793535 added October 6, 2013 at 8:23pm
Restrictions: None
Six Days into October
Six days into October and I had a weird experience this morning. An older gentleman came to my front door and ask if he could have one of limbs lying in my front yard. The dead limbs were cut off the tree a couple of weeks ago and they are still in my front yard. They do not block my drive or prevent me from backing out of my garage, so I let them so I let dead limbs lie. I do not know what he wanted the limb for, but I imagine it was for some type of Halloween decoration.

The neighbors across the street have a jack o' lantern sitting in the living room window. The light the smiling pumpkin at night, I think it is an electric or battery powered light because it does not flicker the way a candle would. Last year they hung dummies or rather manikins from the tree and put a faux cemetery in the front yard. It looked really weird and spooky. I keep watching to see if they are going to do something similar this year.

Six days into October and I have found a new way to procrastinate. When I have difficulty writing on one subject, I sit down at the computer and write on another. I know I have to finish a project tonight, but I cannot think of anything to write; therefore, I am writing this entry. I look out the window and try to think of the subject I want to write about, but nothing comes to mind. Perhaps if I just start writing I will write something that sounds logical or at least cohesive. I know I have to get busy writing it, but for some reason I just cannot force myself to get started.

It's spooky how I dawdle,
How I seem to want to waddle.

I am not sure where that poem is going. Those may be the only two lines that I write, but at least it is a poem. I am not sure it makes much sense and I do not know what waddling has to do with dawdling, except that they rhyme. I know my walk is unusual and sometimes weird, but I do not thing I waddle. Actually, I walk more like a zombie then a duck; I wonder if duck zombies wander around waddling.

Six days into October and writing nonsense does not seem to help me focus on the subject. The only thing that writing nonsense seems to do is make me smile. I could use a lot more smiles in my life. I could also use a couple of hugs even if they are virtual hugs. I am along and I have no one to hug me. I think that is the worst part of being alone. I cannot just walk up to a stranger and say hug me; all thought that might be a good thing to put in my novel. The antagonist walking up to a stranger and saying "hug me" may be a good plot point and it might help to show that she has a problem that her daughter does not want to admit or has not recognized yet.



© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793535-Six-Days-into-October