*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794154-How-many-stars-Did-you-Get
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#794154 added October 11, 2013 at 11:33pm
Restrictions: None
How many stars Did you Get?
October 11, 2013 *StarP* *StarB*
*StarG*



There is this dramatic pause as I approach the throne of grace. I have been especially good this year. I will let the reader decide that means. It is my turn and there is this deep booming voice. The person behind me must have been a bass in the choir. "How many stars did you get?" All I can do is look above and around and down. Somebody forgot to tell me.
*Pthb*
At times the magical throne of grace can seem more like an adventure in grading. It never occurs to me that the person on the other side of the curtain just wants to give me a hug and tell me they are glad to have me on board. I have been on the mystical, magical part of the experience too long. I spent many years as a pastor, who spent many years learning how to be a pastor and after all that effort it all comes down to answering a simple question: what do I do to be saved? "Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and Be saved". *Laugh*


You might be more than aware that I have been poking a little fun at the rating system. I should be the one to talk. I review as much as anyone. There are times I think I actually know what a particular story or poem deserves. Just hope that I am not the person at the end of life's journey asking, How many stars did you get? If you get all psyched up to see where you measure up I am probably the last person you want to ask. I defer to God's one star Jesus Christ as my ticket and pray that over time you will all see that too!!! *StarStruck*

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794154-How-many-stars-Did-you-Get