*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794343-09102013--Day-9
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Alexi
Rated: E · Book · Educational · #1956038
30 days of character building kept here. Oct 2013.
#794343 added October 14, 2013 at 8:54am
Restrictions: None
09/10/2013 Day 9
09/10/2013

Day 9 - Things go wrong. Today, I want you to write a scene with at least 500 words where something goes wrong and your character has to deal with the consequences.

What to include? - What went wrong? Is it easy to fix? Or is your character suffering (again!)?


Jayne Lewis a calculating woman who had been robbed of the life she was accustomed to finds out from Collin Thomson her secret lover who was Pa to her father before he retired and is now Pa to George, David Chandler’s best friend at a large bank in Westminster, London.

Jayne’s father has committed suicide after losing his money on the stock market. The house in Dorset has been sold to save some of Jayne’s inheritance. She had to downsize quite considerably and is full of vengeance when Collin tells her that David Chandler is the secret buyer who bought the House in Dorset and Is unaware that Jayne has been told that he is responsible for her father stock market crash and suicide. David had met Jayne at the bank when she was visiting her father in London before his death.

She had it all until her father’s money dried up. Full of rage, and has plots to bring David and his family down so that she can get back what was taken from her and her plan is to destroy him, but, not before she makes a play for him and seduces him. After getting him drunk at a London hotel one night. David is full of remorse and tries to cover up his sin and in doing so tries to talk to Jayne and tells her it was all a mistake. She tells him it is ok and she would never reveal to anyone that this night happened.

Jayne keeps her cool and plays an innocent victim. David who is having trouble at home because his wife Debbie is sick in bed with her asthma. His sex life has been nil for months and he is lonely meets Jayne for a second time and they begin a passionate affair.
David knows nothing of what is about to happen to his finances and the family he adores lives.

Unknown to David Jayne and Collin are working to gain control of his assets and the rape of his adorable child Jennifer who is eleven. Jayne plans to tell Debbie everything and hopes that it will finish her.

The aftermath causes David to have a complete breakdown and ends up in a hospital for the mentally ill. He has been destroyed and his wife Debbie is buried while Jennifer has been temporarily put in a children’s home.(this bit might change) to fit better into the story.

The child Jennifer remains in recovery and remembers what she overheard just before her mother died. Life changes from privilege to having nothing in one move.

Jennifer will get her life back. She doesn’t forget what Jayne Lewis did to her family and Jayne doesn’t know that Jennifer overheard her that fateful day. It will be a few years before the truth prevails. Will Jennifer ever get justice or is that just too much to ask.

Word count 482



© Copyright 2013 Alexi (UN: sky1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Alexi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794343-09102013--Day-9