*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794354-Day-10
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Alexi
Rated: E · Book · Educational · #1956038
30 days of character building kept here. Oct 2013.
#794354 added October 16, 2013 at 2:36pm
Restrictions: None
Day 10
Day 10 - What does your character do for a living? Write at least 300 words in a scene with your character at work. If they don't work, write about how they get their money. If they don't need money and don't work, write about what they do during an average day.

What to include? - Annoying bosses? Affairs? Gossip?/b}


"You are a very determined woman nurse Chandler. I've never known anyone with such conviction about there job since Florence Nightingale." Doctor Smythe paused as he looked at some paperwork on his desk.

Jenny fidgeted with her lapel watch.

"I am going to put you with sister Morgan. She is in the heart surgery ward and she will know how to guide you. I believe this will be your next leaning process Jennifer." He relaxed and handed Jennifer a signed document.

"Take this with you and good luck! I will be around soon to see your progress."

Jenny took the document and smiled at the older man. "Thank you. I do appreciate this. Doctor Smythe"

"Is there anything else I can do for you Nurse chandler?" He put his hand in jenny's hand and pated it.

"I know your father. He is a good man. How is he?"

Jennifer stiffened and her eyes watered. She was holding back her emotions. "He... He is not to bad Sir. He is still heavily medicated and it will take time for him to get well. I... we are all hoping that one day..."

"Ok ." doctor Smythe nodded as if to say he understood her anxiety. "You have my respect." He opened the door for Jenny and she stepped outside.

Jenny stood with her back to the wall and closed her eyes trying to compose.

"Hey gorgeous. what's up?" Michael was passing and stopped.

"I have just been promoted to the heart surgery ward as from today." She blinked and looked into Michaels blue eyes.

"Well clever girl! Now I can see more of my best friend." I'll walk with you, I am going there now."

Jenny took a deep breath and she went to the new ward with Michael.


Next literary writing Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2013 Alexi (UN: sky1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Alexi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794354-Day-10