*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794675-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#794675 added October 16, 2013 at 4:56pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
Mid afternoon today, much earlier than normal, but later than yesterday. Today is my second, and last, day off this week. They just go by too fast, and I never seem to get much done.

Yesterday I had planned to go in and talk to one of the guards, but we didn't make it before his shift was over. Instead we went straight over to the county seat to get a driver license renewed. But, that didn't happen either. We got over there with everything we needed, we thought; it was the same packet of information I had used to get mine done.

For Rhonda, however, we had her identification instead of mine, which only makes sense. Once we get there, the first thing the lady tells us is Rhonda's birth certificate is no good. It's worked since 1961, but now it's not "official." We need to get a certified copy, not the original with the hospital stamp on it.  Also, she has to provide a marriage license since we are married, and she took my name.

After we found out we would not be getting this done for a while, we went the same distance in the opposite direction to see my younger brother, who's birthday it was yesterday. We stopped and got him a card, put a check in it, and then went over and visited with him for a while. He was not expecting us, and it was a nice surprise for him.

After, we went shopping and got a few things, then I took Rhonda out to eat. I figured since we didn't have to pay for a license renewal, we may as well get a bit to eat with the money instead. After all, we had only snacked on some cold cereal on the way over to get her license, and by now it was mid afternoon; we were hungry.

Today was much different, since we didn't have to run anyplace. Because we are always up early for work, we decided to sleep in this morning. I had no intention of sleeping as late as I did, but it was nice and I do feel much more rested. Of course, this took care of most of the morning, and by the time we finished a Bible Study, it was after one in the afternoon.

Now it was time to get something done, and since it is nice out, I thought it would be a good day to work on a few outside projects. We did just this, and while Rhonda worked on her project, after helping me with mine, I lent a hand to her. Then, when she started sanding and there was little for me to do except get in her way, I filled the grill with charcoal and lit it up.

Once it was cleaned, hot, and ready for cooking, I put a couple of racks of beef ribs on, and tossed some of the wood scraps we had left over on the smoker side. We had been using some red oak, so it's a nice wood for smoking with, and should add a nice touch to our ribs.

Now, as I finish this up, it's almost four in the afternoon, the ribs are done cooking, and it's time to baste them down with barbecue sauce. Then, in the oven with foil over them to keep them moist and hot while the rest of supper cooks.

The days over half gone, and I still have so much I want to do -- but it's time to sit back and relax, then get to bed early, I have to be up at three a.m. again. Five more days and then I have a couple more off. Then, on the next schedule, I'm planning on taking four days off; anticipation.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794675-Wednesday