*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794698-The-Art-of-Humankindness
Rated: E · Book · Entertainment · #1932477
It is a waste to ignore the musings of the mind.
#794698 added October 16, 2013 at 10:05pm
Restrictions: None
The Art of Humankindness
I was watching the news on TV the other day, and saw an ad about humankindness. Why, I wondered, would there be an ad about humankindness? I thought all along that humankindness is free, a feature in people who have a heart, and whose heart is filled with humankindness.

What is humankindness? It is the love we have for each other. It is the aid and help we give to those less fortunate than we are. It is the goodness we feel when our children have done well in school and in every endeavor they put their hearts to do. It is the appreciation we express when we read words in a book. It is the sympathy letter we send to someone who lost his/her loved one. It is the hug we give to a lonely individual. It is the kiss we share with a loved one. It is the sharing of everyday problems. It is the giving of gifts and presents to those who can least afford one.

Humankindness for sale? No, not at all. Humankindness is free, to share with those whose hearts are alone, whose life is broken, whose sadness overwhelms, whose life is empty, whose future is hopeless.

That to me is humankindness.


© Copyright 2013 elephantsealer (UN: liliapadwes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
elephantsealer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794698-The-Art-of-Humankindness