*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795620-Once-Someone-Asked-Me
Rated: E · Book · Entertainment · #1932477
It is a waste to ignore the musings of the mind.
#795620 added October 25, 2013 at 12:16am
Restrictions: None
Once Someone Asked Me
Have you heard the story, "Once Someone Asked Me"?

It's all about the time I met a man who asked me, Will you be my wife? I will give you the whole world, diamonds on your fingers, mansions all over the world when you travel, big ships, small boats, palatial homes, the oceans where you can sail and watch the sun sink in the horizon, the earth where you can build all your palaces, anything at all you wish, I will give you if you will be my wife.

I looked at him and smiled, and I thought: but I would like to have the moon.

I would like the moon on which I can dream of dreams that never end; I would like the moon where I can hug my children, my grandchildren, my loved ones; I would like the moon where I can write stories that would inspire all children in the world; I would like to have the moon where there is no war, no fighting, no blood, no angry words, no noise; I would like to have the moon where I can look at God and say, "I have the moon and I am at peace."

And the man looked away, walked away, in sorrow, and didn't understand why I would like to have the moon...




© Copyright 2013 elephantsealer (UN: liliapadwes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
elephantsealer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795620-Once-Someone-Asked-Me