*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794811-A-Poem-I-Want-to-Frame-and-Hang-in-my-New-Home
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#794811 added October 17, 2013 at 9:33pm
Restrictions: None
A Poem I Want to Frame and Hang in my New Home
I found the following poem by 'Abdu'l-Baha that I want to frame and hang in my new home.
My Home

My home is the home of peace.

My home is the home of joy and delight.

My home is the home of laughter and exultation.

Whosoever enters through the portals of this home,
         must go out with gladsome heart.

This is the home of light:
         whosoever enters here must become illumined.

This is the home of knowledge:
         the one who enters must receive knowledge.

This is the home of love:
         those who come in must learn the lessons of love;
         thus may they know how to love each other.
'Abdu'l-Baha
Family Life, Page 397

I don't have a place to live yet, but believe I will find something affordable soon. I don't have much furniture to take to the new place. I have a bedside stand, but no bed and I won't have a bed. I've decided I want a recliner to sleep in because beds seem to cause me more pain the sleeping on living room furniture. I have three computer tables, two computers, and a printer. I need a comfortable chair to sit in while I work at the computers. Right now I am sitting in a kitchen chair, which I intend to take to the curb on Saturday with the rest of the trash. I'm not taking the couch with me, but I might take the love seat. I'm taking the dishes in the china closet because the dishes in the kitchen, which I'm using now, are mismatched pieces of various sets. I think I deserve a nice set of dishes in my new home.

I also have three lamps, without shades, a small black dining room table with two chairs, a coffee maker, an electric skillet, and a microwave. I have four mismatched coffee cups, which I will take with me. One of the cups was Mom's favorite and the other three I like to drink coffee out of because I don't have to wash them everyday. Sometimes I don't wash my coffee cup for a week even the cup I use in the microwave will sit on the kitchen counter or in the microwave waiting for me to wash it or use it to warm up my coffee.

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794811-A-Poem-I-Want-to-Frame-and-Hang-in-my-New-Home