*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794636-Biting-Off-More-Then-I-Can-Chew
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#794636 added October 16, 2013 at 3:16pm
Restrictions: None
Biting Off More Then I Can Chew
Grandpa Frank always said "Don't bite off more then you can chew!" Grandpa never said that at mealtime, when it would have made sense, but always when I started some sort of project or housework that Grandma or Mom asked me to do. I never understood why he said it because when I was eating, I was always careful about not stuffing my mouth too full. Now, after 60 years of struggling and attempting to complete too many projects before a given deadline, I understand what Grandpa was talking about.

I know that I am an intelligent person, so it should not have taken me sixty-some years to understand what Grandpa was saying. Until this month, I always thought the problem with finishing something I started had to do with priorities. Today, I have to admit that is not the case. The problem is I always bite off more then I can chew and swallow in a given amount of time. I am one day behind on my "October Novel Prep Challenge project because I have too much on my plate. I have to remove some of the B priorities and put them back into the refrigerator (on the C list) until after November 31. That way I may be able to complete NaNoWriMo and move into a smaller place.

On the A list are things I have to do everyday. The B priorities are three or four times a week, while the C list contains once a week or once of month items. I think I will change all the C items to at least once a month. I hope that and a time schedule will help me accomplish everything I need to accomplish without me feeling rushed. I am tired of feeling rushed and forgetting something like checking my yahoo mail day after I post something on Free Cycle. I posted a trunk of my mother's art patterns and projects on Free Cycle on Monday and forgot the check the e-mail until today. This means that the trunk will be sitting in the entrance hall until Thursday or Friday.

I want the trunk out of my house, so that I can call one of the local charities to pick up two dressers I have to give away. I will not put the dressers on Free Cycle because it will take at least two strong people to move the damn things out of the house. My sister is suppose to come in next week on Monday and Tuesday to help empty the back bedrooms. Once those are empty I can close the doors and not go in there any more. After that I will only have the stuff in the front of the house to deal with. I would much rather be working at the computer then cleaning out rooms and getting rid of stuff. I want a simpler life. I want an apartment I can clean myself without having to worry about the filthy kitchen floor or having to clean the bathroom more then twice a week.

Quote of the Day: "A man begins cutting his wisdom teeth the first time he bites off more than he can chew." - Herb Caen

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794636-Biting-Off-More-Then-I-Can-Chew