*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795258-Cleaning-Off-My-Computer-Desk
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#795258 added October 21, 2013 at 9:30pm
Restrictions: None
Cleaning Off My Computer Desk
I have two computers and three computer desks. The desk I use most often is made of oak (I think) because I cannot determine the type of wood simply by looking at the desk or opening the draws and looking inside. I know the desk is stained dark brown, with dark plastic (at least I think they are plastic) handles. The desk is heavy and difficult for one person to move. I moved it only once since it was brought into the house. I moved it from the wall closer to the other computer desks.

The computer sits in the middle of this huge desk, so there is room enough on either side to put stuff. I have papers and books sitting on each side my computer and I have to clean the desk off. There are 10 days left in October, I want enough room on the desk to put my oven timer on one side and paper for notes on the other. I need the oven timer to time my NaNoWriMo sessions because I need to get up and walk around about every 15 or 20 minutes. If I sit down longer then that one or both of my knees lock up or goes out of joint and it is difficult for me to get up.

I began cleaning off my desk this afternoon, I have found all sorts of interesting objects on the desk. I also found several notes that I wrote to myself, some of which do not make any sense. I think those were supposed to be the beginning of poems or perhaps short story ideas.

Things of the top of my desk beside my computer.


*Note0* because is not a reason
         It is not a logical answer
         It must be taken on faith

*Note1* box containing an Ivorite Slide Rule and its Instruction booklet
         This is a picture of a slide rule          Instructions on using slide rule

*Note2* I feel happy for a change

*Note3* I think I can succeed at earning another month's premium membership (written before I purchased my present three month membership)

*Note4* I know I am a poet

*Note5* An announcement, cut from a newspaper, about my Grandfather's funeral. This is laminated and turning yellow with time.

*Note6* A Happy writing.com Anniversary! desk calendar.

*Note* Various cents off coupons that have expired.

*Notev*

*Note0* A NCP Barcode Reference Booklet

*Note1* A MyGait Senior Computing Made Easy New User Handbook

*Note2* A State Farm In-Drive Quick Start Guid

*Note3* A To Do List for July 2013

*Note4* A voice flows across non-existence
         B & E merge into a single word
         Creation's atom
         Explodes into light

*Note5* Various poems that have gone into the desk drawer so that I can take them out one-at-a-time to edit them.

*Note6* A loose leaf notebook that I put in the desk drawer with the poems.

*Note* Cash register receipts I should have thrown away months ago

*Notev* Empty envelops with mysterious phone number on them (now in the trash)

*Note0* } A pair of mismatched socks

*Note1* A Las Vegas Water District Bill for May 2013

*Note2* The MyGait Elite Computer instruction sheet (maybe I'd better keep this until I move to my new place).

*Note3* Card containing mys cell phone information and passcode

*Note4* The Book of Forms by Lewis Turco

*Note5* A single rubber band

*Note6* An orange ball point pen

The right side of my desk is cleaned off. The only things I am putting back on are the (1) the oven timer, (2) the calendar, (4) the book, (5) the pen, and (6) blank copy paper to write notes on. The right side of my desk is no cluttered; however, the left side of the desk and the draws are still cluttered.

Food for Thought: “If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” - Albert Einstein



© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795258-Cleaning-Off-My-Computer-Desk