*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795759-Good-Bye-Dining-Room-Table
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#795759 added October 25, 2013 at 4:15pm
Restrictions: None
Good-Bye Dining Room Table
Good-bye dining room table,
even though we never sit down
to eat share a meal with you,
I will miss you.


I put the dining room table, with four chairs, on Free Cycle a couple of days ago, I e-mailed a family who ask for it, and they come to pick it up today. I realized, after they had taken the table, that Mom and I had it in the house for about ten years, but we never ate around the table. I guess I should have gotten rid of the table long ago. The only table we ever used was the small black table, the dining table was too large and we ended up using it as a catch all.

I thought about taking the dining table with me when I moved. I do not know why I wanted it, I guess for a catch all because I eat in front of the television (yes, I know one is not supposed to eat while watching TV because there is a tendency to over eat. I eat in front of the television anyway knowing it is detrimental to my waist line and probably to my digestion. I have other bad habit as well and I am working on changing them or planning to work at changing them.


Perhaps I do not have as many bad habits as I thought. I know I got rid of one when I gave the table away and that was using the dining room table as a catch all. Since the table is gone, I should sweep the hall and the corner in the living room where the table sit. I think I got rid of two bad habits the other was siting the dining table in the living room. There is a story behind the table being in the living room.

When Mom had the bowel resection in 2007, I dragged the table into the living room because we needing the dining room for the hospital bed. After the company came and picked up the bed in 2008, I did not move the table back into the dining room. I just left it in the living room because I did not want to move the stuff that was on the table to another location in the house. I have to remember that I am moving to a smaller place and I do not have very much room for all the things I have, I am not sure I will have enough room for all the stuff I want to take with me, especially if I get a studio apartment.

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795759-Good-Bye-Dining-Room-Table