*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795978-The-Beginning-of-a-New-Week-and-My-November-Goals-Spredsheet
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#795978 added October 27, 2013 at 4:07pm
Restrictions: None
The Beginning of a New Week and My November Goals Spredsheet
It is the beginning of a news week and November is five days away. Last night, before laying down on what I laughingly call a bed, I sit up my November Goals Spreadsheet. I set up the November spreadsheet the same way I did October's. I began this spreadsheet with Sunday, October 27, while I began October's goals sheet with Sunday, September 29. Then I looked back over the earlier 2013 spreadsheets and found that I set those up the same way.

This is something I did off and on in 2012, but in 2013 I started doing it every month. At first I thought this was a little weird, but then I got to thing about why I do it. The reason is simple and obvious, I like to start both my weekly and monthly goals on Sunday, the beginning of a new week. I do not think this makes much difference in achieving them, but it does help when I evaluate my progress.

In the past, I have attempted other methods of goal tracking. I tried creating goals spreadsheets using the Baha'i month of nineteen days. This method worked up to a point, which was redoing the sheet every nineteen days. I like to reevaluate my progress on a weekly or biweekly basis, usually on a Saturday or Sunday. That way I can set up my To Do List for the next week. When I am not in "deep dark depression and excessive misery" , I print each day's list out one day at a time, but I like to have the entire week in a word document so that I can review the next day's activities and make any changes. I am doing better at keeping track of my list, sometimes I miss place the list I am working on and have to reprint it before going to the next task.

I think I like to start my weekly and monthly goals at the beginning of a new week... Alright, I am not really sure why I like to do my goals this way. Maybe it is because I think I am getting a fresh start on achieving the goals. I do know that that it helps me see what I have accomplished during the week. Normally I do not keep the goal spreadsheets or the "To Do List" for more then twelve months at a time. All thought, I think it may be a good idea for me to check my computer hard drive to find out. Sometimes I do not take the time to delete stuff on the hard drive, so I should do some hard drive housekeeping as soon as I finish today's writing and packing another trunk or some boxes.

NaNoWriMo

I am looking forward
to National Novel Writing Month
and writing 1,667 words each day.

I am looking forward
to the glory of accomplishment
and the boost
to my self-esteem.

Thought of the Day: “A deadline is, simply put, optimism in its most kick-ass form. It's a potent force that, when wielded with respect, will level any obstacle in its path. This is especially true when it comes to creative pursuits.” - Chris Baty, No Plot? No Problem!: A Low-Stress, High-Velocity Guide to Writing a Novel in 30 Days


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795978-The-Beginning-of-a-New-Week-and-My-November-Goals-Spredsheet