*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796060-At-the-Beginning-of-the-Traditional-Workweek
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#796060 added October 28, 2013 at 12:06pm
Restrictions: None
At the Beginning of the Traditional Workweek
The traditional workweek, which is observed in most western countries1, is Monday through Friday with Saturday and Sunday being days off or days of rest. The traditional workweek and days of rest are different in other cultures; in addition, if one is working for an establishment that is open 24/7 then the workweek and weekend are different for the each of the employees.

Anyway, today is Monday, October 28, 2013. It is the last Monday in October and the beginning of the traditional workweek in the country and culture where I grew up. It is a windy Monday here in Las Vegas with the wind varying from 18 to 33 mph. I started this workweek off by waking up at 3:30 am, thirty minutes before my alarm sounded. This is a good thing because it gave me a chance to decided if I wanted to follow my "To Do List" or lay back down on the couch and go back to sleep for an hour or two after I turned the alarm off.

I chose not to go back to sleep, but instead got up and turned the alarm off. Then I turned the other computer on, executed the virus scan, said my morning prayers, made coffee, and took a shower. Next I poured myself a cup of coffee, turn on the computer I use to access the internet (when my modem isn't being difficult), posted a status update on FaceBook and then composed and posted http://poet999.blogspot.com/2013/10/october-wind-in-las-vegas.html. I logged onto writing.com. I read "Invalid Item, next I made an entry in http://poet999writingthoughts.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-october-issue-of-blogging..., and then I posted this week's goals on "Weekly Goals.

I am on my third or fourth cup of coffee. The virus scan on my other computer detected no problems, so I can now use it to access my bank account. I use that computer when I go to the bank website so that I can download my bank statements to the hard drive and then (if necessary) print them out. This afternoon, I plan to go look at an apartment that may be in my budget range. I am not looking forward to going out in the wind, but that is no excuse not to go look at a studio apartment. I have to know if a studio is large enough for me because if it isn't then I have to rent a one-bedroom.

Last night, I joined "Invalid Item, created a book titled "Memories of Snow to respond to the "Invalid Item prompts. I haven't yet made my first entry, but will attempt to do so some time this week. Ever since Mom died in 2012, I have been considering writing my memoirs and decided this was a good time to start.

Thought of the Day: "Memoirs are the backstairs of history." - George Meredith

Footnotes
1  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workweek_and_weekend


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796060-At-the-Beginning-of-the-Traditional-Workweek