*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796325-A-Halloween-Thankful-Thursday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#796325 added October 31, 2013 at 3:39pm
Restrictions: None
A Halloween Thankful Thursday
Today I am thankful...

01. ...that I found my witches hat and can wear it today. If I wear a piece of clothing once a year I don't have to throw it away.

02. ...that I was able to manually reboot my cox modem because I didn't have to call technical support and wait on hold for twenty or thirty minutes (maybe it only seems that long when I am waiting on hold).

03. ...that I found a smiling Halloween postcard that my mother bought several years ago because I was able to scan it and post it on one of my offsite blogs. That blog entry is http://poet999writingthoughts.blogspot.com/2013/10/happy-halloween.html.

04. ...that I have enough dish washing liquid to last another couple of days because my Social Security check did not hit the bank today.

05. ...that someone (I think my neighbor) put a light in my front porch. I am going to have to unplug it before sunset and plug it in again after trick or treating time, but at least it gets me out of the house today.

06. ...that I have a precooked turkey breast, a package of chicken parts (I think it is either legs or thighs), and some precooked pork patties in the freezer because I do not have to worry about food if my Social security check does not hit the bank tomorrow.

07. ...that an old friend dropped by the house a couple of months ago and brought me some tea bags because I can make hot tea in the microwave this afternoon and this evening.

08. ...that I have a loaf of French bread in the freezer because I want to make a sausage sandwich the afternoon. (I work with what I have in the pantry and the refrigerator when I cook for myself).

09. ...that I bought my witches hat last year because Mom smiled when she saw me wearing it.

10. ...that I was able to balance and close my October income/outgo spreadsheet today. That is one less thing I have to worry about when NaNoWriMo starts tomorrow.

Quote of the Day: "Maybe we're not supposed to be happy. Maybe gratitude has nothing to do with joy. Maybe being grateful means recognizing what you have for what it is. Appreciating small victories. Admiring the struggle it takes simply to be human. Maybe we're thankful for the familiar things we know. And maybe we're thankful for the things we'll never know. At the end of the day, the fact that we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate." - Meredith Grey

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796325-A-Halloween-Thankful-Thursday