*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797078-Lost-phone
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#797078 added November 6, 2013 at 10:30pm
Restrictions: None
Lost phone
November 6, 2013

This entry may have a lot more to do with one man's quest to find a phone than a compendium of what to do if you lose one. *Confused*
Earlier today I was checking out the 5k course that I was running this Saturday. I took the phone out of my pocket for not more than an instant to see what time it was and put it back in my pocket, safe and secure from harm. That is what I thought. I was facing a deadline. I started my run at about eleven-thirty a.m. and needed to start getting ready at noon. There were times on the course I was running more that I would like. After I finished my run, sure enough my phone was gone. *Smirk*

I had no time to look for it. My plan was to get my wife's phone and dial it along the route listening for the ring of my lost phone. I enter the door to my house and my wife is talking to some me who have my phone. They are insisting on me giving them money for finding the phone. I refuse and get the phone turned off. As the day went on I hear from various family members about some rowdy kids that are using all manner of language to get their point across. My phone is held hostage. Now what?*Shock*

I has been a long day. The phone company is wanting to make a dollar in some way. These guys called our house a few minutes ago and tell my wife they will deliver the phone to our house. We have no idea how they even got our address. I will believe these guys will get the phone back to me when I see it in my hand. *Worry*

In the meantime we have a phone. I can not survive without one. It is crazy how times have changed. Only twenty years ago It would not even be an issue. Welcome to the cell phone age. All my kids have one. My nephew and nieces all had their own cell phones by the time they were twelve years old. Here I am fifty-eight years old and my phone is lost. Back in the day when my kids were lost I told them to look for a policeman. Anymore I say "whatever you do do not lose it!" Too bad the phone does not have that message in it's memory. It would save all of us people who lose phones a lot of trouble.*Smile*

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797078-Lost-phone