*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798955-NaNoWriMo-Day-29-Chapter-31---Awakened-at-Midnight
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1956638
NaNoWriMo 2013
#798955 added November 29, 2013 at 5:31pm
Restrictions: None
NaNoWriMo Day 29: Chapter 31 - Awakened at Midnight
Chapter 31: Awakened At Midnight

Daniella waited while her mother got ready for bed. When her mother came out of the bathroom, she tucked her into bed and kissed her on the forehead. As she left the room, she did not close the door completely, but left it slightly ajar so that she could hear her mother call. Walking slowly through the living room, she turned left and went into the foyer where she turned on the light. After that she ambled to her bedroom, stopping ever few minutes and listening to the noises the house made.

'I wonder,' she thought as she went into her bedroom, 'if I can hear Mama.' She removed a pink nightgown, robe, and fuzzy slippers from the closet. Placing the slippers by her bed, she removed her clothes, put on the nightgown, and got into bed. Clapping her hands, she turned off the light and closed her eyes. She started to drift off to sleep when she heard something, opening her eyes, she sat up in bed, but whatever she heard was no longer making a noise.

"House settling," she whispered as she drifted off the sleep again.

Suddenly she was wakened from a sound sleep by footsteps in the hall. Setting up, she slipped her feet into the fuzzy pink slippers, but did not put on her robe. She picked up a flashlight from the nightstand and turned it on. The she got out of bed and hurried out of her bedroom. The food stops were in the foyer and then the alarm system sounded.

"Front door open," the machenical voice said. So Daniella hurried to the foyer, where she found Amity trying to open the security screen.

"Mama," she said. "Where are you going?"

"Daniella," Amity sighed with relief. "I'm glad to see you. I was going home, but this screen door won't open."

"It's locked, Mama," Daniella put her arm around Amity and tried to guide her back toward her bedroom.

"Daniella," Amity cried. "Please help me unlock this door so I can go home."

"In the morning, Mama," she replied. "You can't go out dressed like that."

Amity looked down at the nightgown and laughed, "You're right, but my clothes are in my house."

"Some of them are in the bedroom," she kissed her mother and pointed toward the bedroom Amity was staying in.

379
© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798955-NaNoWriMo-Day-29-Chapter-31---Awakened-at-Midnight