*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800344-Do-I-Suffer-from-OCD
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#800344 added December 16, 2013 at 11:52am
Restrictions: None
Do I Suffer from OCD?
Do I suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? I've wondered this several times in my life and the idea occurred to me again yesterday afternoon. I've thought about it, off and on, all night; I can't get it out of my head. What brought this idea back was creating "Invalid Entry and then checking my "To Do List" to see if I had all the writing projects on it that I needed to work on or complete this week.

As I was checking things off the "To Do List" and making sure I had everything I needed to put in "Invalid Entry transferred it dawned on me how much time it takes to do that activity. That's on top of the time it takes to do other things like wash the dishes, take out the trash, write, etc. I began wondering, or perhaps worrying is a better term, that I may suffer from OCD or maybe I'm just a perfectionist. The fact that I'm concerned about this indicates that I'm under stress because I don't worry or even think about these issues when I'm not overstressed or dealing with excessive stress.

I'm sure everything will even out or clear up once I'm out of this house and can really begin a new life free of the burden of the power bill, the water bill, etc. However, at this point the I'm worried about perfectionism and Obsessive Disorder. Perhaps I need to just take a deep breath, sit down and meditate or say some more prayers. I tried meditating this morning and ended up falling asleep for about fifteen or twenty minutes. I have to admit that it was the most restful sleep I've had sitting up in a long time. I think I might have dreamed, but I can't remember what it was about.

Maybe I need to attempt some mindful meditation once or twice a day. Perhaps in the morning, after I've gotten up and moved around a little, or evening, before I work on my evening projects. That is a good goal to sit for 2014, but rather then waiting until New Year's Day to begin, I should start now so that I can determine the best time and place for me to meditate.



© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800344-Do-I-Suffer-from-OCD