*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800273-Carbohydrates-and-Winter
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#800273 added December 15, 2013 at 3:20pm
Restrictions: None
Carbohydrates and Winter
Is it just my imagination or do carbohydrates keep you warmer in winter? This morning I ate three different types of potatoes and I feel warmer. I'm wondering if t his is just my imagination or am I actually warmer because I ate the potatoes. I could feel warmer because when I ate the potatoes they were hot, right out of the microwave. The first two kines of potatoes were sweet potatoes and yams, which I ate with margarine and sour cream mixed with Greek yogurt. The second type was white Irish potatoes (I think) and those I fixed with the sausage I had leftover from yesterday's lunch and dinner. If carbohydrates do keep or make me warmer in winter then I'll increase the amount I eat.

I should know by the middle or end of this week if carbohydrates keep me warmer. I still have a five pound bag of medium to small white potatoes which I picked up from the food pantry on Friday. I'll fix some of the potatoes with ground beef because I received a huge package of it on Friday when I went to Lutheran Social Services. I'll cook all the ground beef in the electric skillet tomorrow morning. Once the meat is cook then I will divide it up so that I can eat it over the next few days. After I finish the beef I will thaw the 10 lb. package of chicken I have in the freezer and cook it. After I finish the chicken then I'm going to have to purchase some more meat or go to another food pantry to see if I can get more meat.

I know eating protein helps me keep warm in the winter. In addition, I have to have it in my diet at least four days a week or I go nuts and pig out on fast food hamburgers, chicken, or pork. I think for my next meal today, I'll have a salad. I have three green pepper plus another kind of vegetable, so I'll make a green pepper salad with either cranberries or spicy guacamole for a dressing. I have some sort of cheese I can use in the salad as well. The only problem is that this salad is cold, so I'm going t o have to fix me something hot to drink with it.

I prefer eating hot stuff in winter because it warms me up and cold items cool me down, which sometimes causes me to become too cold. However, a balanced diet requires that I eat some green vegetables even in winter time. As soon as I post this, I'm going to make me some hot tea and that will keep me warm. Used to, I didn't mind the cold weather, but ever since 1995 it's been getting to me. I got cold in the winter of 1995 and I've been cold during the winter time ever since.

Thought of the Day: "Food for the body is not enough. There must be food for the soul." - Dorothy Day



© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800273-Carbohydrates-and-Winter