*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800572-Cranberry-yogurt-and-Chicken-Leg-Quarters
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#800572 added December 19, 2013 at 4:08pm
Restrictions: None
Cranberry yogurt and Chicken Leg Quarters
I've finished cooking the nine chicken leg quarter I received from Lutheran Social Services last Friday. When I came home with them, they were still froze so I put them in the freezer because I had also received some a package of sausage and a package of ground beef. I fixed those two items last weekend and the beginning of the week. I took the leg quarters out of the refrigerator on Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning (I can't remember which) and the quarters were thawed enough today for me to fix them in the electric skillet.

Cooking the chicken took all morning and prevented me from using the skillet for anything else. I fixed some potatoes in the microwave, so that I could have something to eat with a piece of chicken. I still have to put the some of the chicken in baggies and then in the freezer, but since I'm going to fix chicken soup with green peppers and potatoes, I'll just put the chicken in the refrigerator until I finish the soup.

For my afternoon snack I'm going to finish the cranberry yogurt I have in the fridge. I might eat some soup this afternoon (if it's done). I still have to check the green pepper (which are in the microwave) to find out if they're ready to take out of the chicken broth so that I can put the potatoes in it. I cooked about 1/3 of the f5 lb. bag of potatoes I received last Friday, but I still have 2/3 of a bag to cook. I have to cook them before they start growing, I don't think I'm going to be in this house long enough to harvest potatoes.

Cranberry Yogurt

To make cranberry yogurt, take a container of plain yogurt and mix cranberries with it. It doesn't matter if the cranberries are from a can or homemade as long as they are cooked before mixing them with the yogurt.

Funny Quote of the Day: “I used to date the lead singer of The Cranberries, but she cheated on me. Turns out she had some turkey on the side.” - Jarod Kintz, It Occurred to Me

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800572-Cranberry-yogurt-and-Chicken-Leg-Quarters