*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800634-Silver-Sneakers
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#800634 added December 20, 2013 at 2:34pm
Restrictions: None
Silver Sneakers
Huumana is offering a new fitness program called SilverSneakers. I received my card yesterday with a brochure telling about the program and listing the locations of Fitness Centers where I could enroll for free. The amenities include exercise equipment, Steam or Sauna, pool, whirlpool, and seasonal classes. It sounds good to me, so I'm going to go to one of the gyms and enroll; probably on Monday.

I thought I was going to go today, but by the time I picked up my December Senior Food allotment, went to the grocery store, and stopped at the gas station I changed my mind. I knew that by the time I unloaded the groceries and put them away I wouldn't want to go out any more today. When I arrived home, I put the milk and cheese in the refrigerator, make a fresh carafe of coffee, and started a load of clothes. I still have to put the clothes in the dryer, put the rest of the groceries away, wash dishes, and make myself something for lunch. If I go out anymore today, I'm not going to get anything accomplished around the house.

I think I'm going to have to purchase a pair of sneakers because the only pair I have in the house are those that belonged to my mother. I don't think I can wear those, all though I suppose I should try them on to make sure. That is if they're still in the house, I haven't seen them in a while so I could have given them away with a bunch of the clothes I give away in October. If I did, that's all right because I need to buy myself some new shoes and I think sneakers would be a good idea. I haven't bought myself shoes in so long that I've forgotten what size I wear.

Thought of the Day: "Fifty years ago, it was the dream of every bohemian artist to be seen getting out of a limousine wearing blue jeans and sneakers. Today, it's the dream of probably half the people in the country." - Brad Holland

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800634-Silver-Sneakers