*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800706-Im-Not-Sure-But-I-think-Im-Almost-Ready-for-2014
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#800706 added December 21, 2013 at 7:47pm
Restrictions: None
I'm Not Sure, But I think I'm Almost Ready for 2014
Ten more days to go before the start of a new Gregorian year. I have my financial spreadsheets done and all I have to do is start putting in the information. I have my writing goals spreadsheet completed and ready to put information in it. I have decided to join the Humana SilverSneakers program and I will go to the gym closest to me on Monday to join and see when the plans starts in January. I have decided, with reservations, to take the 52 week money challenge in 2014.

The reason I say with reservations is that this year I haven't been able to save any money. In fact, I've been luck to keep my savings account open and retaining $ 25.00 every month. However, that doesn't mean I can't save money in 2014. I already have $25.00 per month transferred from my checking to may saving on the 4th, the problem has been keeping it there between the high power bills and other things I have to pay for. Despite all the difficulties and my sometimes pessimistic response to stress, I have come to the conclusion that deep down in my soul I'm an optimist. I always see the glass as being half-full, even if the liquid is closer to the bottom of the glass then the top.

In order to participate in this challenge, I'll have to put the money in my savings account because it isn't safe for me to have cash around the house (even if I put it in a jar). At least, in a savings account there is less chance for me to spend the money unless I absolutely have to, which normally means the electricity, the water, or my internet connection is about to be cut off. Therefore, I will begin my 52 week money challenge either on December 29, 2013 or on January 5, 2014, with January 5 being the better date of the two because my Social Security hits the bank on January 3 or 4.


Goals for 2014

*Info* Joint Humana SilverSneakers program and go to gym (I'll wait until after I've talked to the people at the gym on Monday to find out how often I want or need to go).
*Dollar* Participate in the 52 week money savings challenge
*Pencil* Write between 1,500 to 2,000 words each day (using a range is less stressful and I'm happier when I exceed the 2,000 word mark).

I may add to this list before the end of this year, but right now these are the things that I want to accomplish.

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800706-Im-Not-Sure-But-I-think-Im-Almost-Ready-for-2014