*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801027-Snowed-in
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#801027 added December 26, 2013 at 11:40am
Restrictions: None
"Snowed in"
December 26th, 2013

I am more appreciative of the term "snowed in" without being inundated with feet of snow. It has been a week of working with limits. It is not just my own limits it is the limits that others put on me.*Shock*

I was scheduled to work at my caregiving duties, but was told that having even a little cold was enough to make sure I stayed away until I felt better. Christmas day saw me needing to leave early to spend time with my wife. Then there was that same cold beckoning me to lay down and get better once and for all. I could have spent a whole lot more energy getting in touch with family and saying Merry Christmas as in times past. I did hear from one family member(my sister) who wanted me to pray for a miracle for my own mother. What am I doing all the way out in Kansas?*Cry*
There is that idea of having to deal with limits. My wifes family has similar aches and pains and they are in an entirely different place. It is painful to admit limits. It makes "snowed in" take on depth.
*Pthb*

There are many other things I could harp on. I am learning to be thankful about what transcends any limits. I enjoyed time at a Christmas Eve service with my son, wife and grandkids. The dinner after that was one of the best I have eaten. I have a new family member "Buddy" our new dog. He is slowly but surely fitting in. The most important thing is having a writing site that accepts what I write and beckons me to look forward to another day. *BigSmile*

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801027-Snowed-in