*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801183
by Artie
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1968824
My senior project goal. A complex fantasy with sub characters; the main is a castle.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#801183 added December 28, 2013 at 6:02am
Restrictions: None
Prologue
Prologue


When all else fails, remember.




There it was. The Grim Reaper; that gargantuan, grotesque figure with shackled ankles and cold dead feet. This very being with bare, dead skin and the scent of copper; of blood. Black hooded its bare head but could not hide the eerie blue glowing eyes and mouth every time it let free its treacherous call. A large red feathered scythe was born within its gnarled hands and was pulled back over its shoulder like the ax that finalizes the decapitation of a death sentenced person. That dreadful figure drew near in the dim light that so fittingly made the scene that much more traumatizing.
Pale, slender, feminine fingers weakly pulled themselves along the stone floor that was colder than ice and was numbing the body of the girl. Weak, blackened and exhausting deep brown eyes stared at the object just out of reach, rendering the Grim Reaper in the background out of focus. A single silver tear broke free to her lightly freckled face and splashed onto the floor. She continuously attempted to stretch her arm, her hand, then her fingers farther through that puddle of dark ruby liquid and around that little blue vile that bore the guarantee to her survival. No. There was no way she could reach it. Try as she may, it only seemed to grow farther out of reach. Now the last thing running through her miserable aching head was, "How did I get here to this place, to this point?"
Had all of this only been a nightmare, everything would be different but somewhere in her mind, something told her that her life was literally on the line and if she didn't get that vial, that monstrous, yet rather divine creature would have her sealed away in a vial of some sort. Her arm began to hurt with that tingling numbness and her mind started to revert to past memories for motivational support. Looking back on all those times she almost committed suicide and lived. How was it she managed to pull through all those times when she was eager to pull the trigger on a gun, yet start giving up now when she was so eager to live? Her eyesight began to falter and the lids began to close. All surroundings fading to a shroud of darkness, and then...
Laughter.
© Copyright 2013 Artie (UN: ikartstudios at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Artie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801183