*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801497-New-Years-Eve-2013
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#801497 added December 31, 2013 at 11:23am
Restrictions: None
New Year's Eve 2013
This is December 31, 2013, the eve of the Gregorian New Year. This is 1 Sharaf, 170 BE, the first day of the month of Honour, with 79 day left until Naw-Ruz and the beginning of 171 BE. Seventy-Nine days until I celebrate a New Year. Seventy-nine days of excitement, reviewing, writing, praying, and meditating. Seventy-nine days seems like a long time when you look at the number, but in reality it isn't long at all. It will pass quickly, so I have to take advantage of those days or I won't accomplish anything. I need to use those 79 days to prepare for Naw-Ruz and the challenge of a New Year.

Last night, I attended celebration of the Feast of Sharaf (Honour) at a friends house. The nineteen-day Feast is divided into three sections (1) the spiritual portion, (2) the business portion, and (3) the social portion. During the spiritual portion the prayers are said and the scriptures read. During the business portion business is conducted and letter are red from the Local and National Spiritual Assemblies, as well as the Universal House of Justice. While during the social portion the community socializes and refreshments are served. During all three portions of the Feast of Honour, I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit.

At the end of the business portion, I got a call from my real estate agent that the final papers for the sale of the house were ready to sign. I told her when I would be home and after I arrived home, she came over to the house and I signed the papers. The agent from the bank said that it would take about a week to finish everything, so I figure I have about two weeks left to stay in the house; however, I would like to have everything ready to go in a week. I'm looking forward to being in a new place before Naw-Ruz (March 21). I'm looking forward to new beginning in 171 BE and I have 79 days to prepare for that New Beginning.

Thought of the Day: "Begin today. Declare out loud to the universe that you are willing to let go of struggle and eager to learn through joy." - Sarah Ban Breathnach

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801497-New-Years-Eve-2013