*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801610-War-Chest-Wednesday-Crazy-New-Years-Resolutions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#801610 added January 1, 2014 at 9:52am
Restrictions: None
War Chest Wednesday: Crazy New Year's Resolutions
It's War Chest Wednesday! The January 1, 2014 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS ia
What has been the craziest New Year's Resolution you've heard to date? Did you make it or was it made by someone you knew?
What became of the Resolution? Tell me a story - Kick in the New Year for me *Smile*.

Despite the fact that I do admit to having a weird life and a crazy (sometimes very odd) sense of humor, I don't remember ever making any crazy or weird New Year's Resolutions. This doesn't mean I've never made any, it just means I don't remember them or didn't write them down. Therefore, I decided to Google crazy and weird New Year's Resolutions. I found some funny, crazy, and weird New Year's Resolutions.

In a U.S.A. Today story posted on December 28, 2013, titled "5 weird New Year's resolutions",.1 I found one that I thought was very funny. Number five on this list is "Knit more sweaters for freezing trees", apparently some part of the country (or world) have a problem with "tree hypothermia". To take care of this problem knitters are knitting Christmas sweaters for trees and putting them on the trees. This type of "guerrilla knitting" is called "yarn bombing." So if you see a tree wearing a sweater in your "neck of the woods" (I couldn't resist the pun) you know that one of your neighbors is a yarn bomber.

In "Six Of The Worst & One Of The Best | Crazy New Year’s Resolution Aids" by Glen Faris and posted December 30, 2011,2 I found the following YouTube video under "One of the Best". I'm not going to argue whether or not it is one of the best, it does, however, explain why joggers wearing ear-buds are looking around in fear; as if some horrible monster were about to eat their brains.


*Confettib* *Confettip* *Confettig* *Confettigr*

Now that I have responded to the prompt, I want to encourage everyone reading this to check out Soulpancake http://soulpancake.com/ and subscribe. This is one of the two most creative and encouraging website I have ever encountered. The other website is writing.com.

Footnotes
1  http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/28/new-years-weird-resolutions...
2  http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_INT/Article/Six-Of-The-Worst-One-Of-The-B...


© Copyright 2014 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801610-War-Chest-Wednesday-Crazy-New-Years-Resolutions