*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801608-Happy-New-Year-2014
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#801608 added January 1, 2014 at 8:51am
Restrictions: None
Happy New Year (2014)
January 1, 2014*Cool*

I need to get used to writing the new year at some point. Why not do it in a blog? New Year ended up being a day of sleeping in rather than staying up. There was the usual connection with family and friends onNew Year's eve. On this year more than others the was the proverbial question, What can we do better in our relationship? This year has been filled with challenges due to job seeking, deteriorating health and various and sundry issues with extended family who are many miles from us.

Here are some thoughts on resolutions that might be helpful:

1. Take time to sort out what to do on any given day and find time to share what did work. At times it can be too easy to talk about what doesn't work and both parties feel too paralyzed to do anything.
2. Take time to have fun. We never know how long with have with each other. Make the best of it.
3. Accept the person(s) for who they are. It is amazing how often that we choose after marriage to create changes that we could have care less about before marriage.
4. Be thankful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. Find time to connect with God on a daily basis. It is not their "God" against mine. God binds together. It is worth celebrating.
6. Don't beat yourself up any more than you have to. After you are done there are bound to be others in line.
7. Maintain family connection as best you can. They may not be anybody you think of as special. At the same time they (whoever you know as family) may be the only safe place in your universe.
8. Take care of yourself. If you do not, no one else will.
9. Write!! It is good therapy for many and a way to reveal what is underneath the crusty critter that wakes up wondering what the day will bring.
10. Find something to laugh at or about. Laughter is the best medicine and yet no good if you do not take it.

All for now, May this be a New Year that you can look back at and smile!!!!

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801608-Happy-New-Year-2014