*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801680-Thinking-of-the-Past---week-two
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#801680 added January 1, 2014 at 4:12pm
Restrictions: None
Thinking of the Past - week two
What made you think of the past today?
This is for week two.

This is a prompt from Rhonda's page - Welcome To My Reality. I love this idea and I realize I am starting late, but starting late is better than not starting at all and besides it is New Year's Day. What better day to start.

What better day to think about your past to reflect on the year that has past and marvel at all the things I managed to do this year. Sure there are those moments I would rather forget, but I tend to focus on the positive and record those little snippets so that when New Year's Day comes along, as it always does, I can see how far I have come. I amaze myself really. If you look back at all those little steps you took, you can smile at the advancement that has occurred, regardless of the grandness of that advancement.

What amazes me is that a couple of years ago my writing had lagged. I was not tuned into it and I longed to take the time but didn't. Then along came my first commitment to Nanowrimo in 2012. That woke me up and let me know this aspect of myself, that had been missing - shoved back into the recesses of my closet, was very important to me and vital to my life. Nano allowed me to meet people in my community much like myself - though many were younger than me. When Nano finished I was able to link up with a few people who wanted to get together weekly to write - the group has since disbanded but out of that came more confidence in my writing self and linked me up with some websites that continued to inspire and motivate me. It truly is amazing how things come into your life when you are ready for them.

That is pretty much how I stumbled onto Writing.com. I peeked into the site but I was not fully ready to fully commit and it took me from March, when I first set up my free account, until August when the birthday bash kicked in, to decide this was the place for me. By the time September came along I was paying member of a online writing community that I am so happy I joined.

But thinking and reflecting does not just set me thinking about writing. It is January and with January comes my birthday - in some 12 days if you could this one as well, and that has me reflecting on the vastness of my experience. Am I where I want to be? Not really, but I am working toward it and that, ladies and gentlemen is what matters.

Time has a way of passing so quickly. My aunt mentioned that my cousin, Mikey has had the same Kermit Christmas stocking for 34 years and I thought 'wow' - then I realized I have spent the last 35 Christmas mornings with my Aunt and Uncle - they are favourites of mine. In those 35 years so much of our lives has changed and grown, shifted and morphed, but each year there we are again celebrating Christmas together and I would not have it any other way.

So that said; I want to just add one more thing. Looking back, means looking forward and seeing the brilliance of a clean slate. I want to wish anyone reading this a wonderful and productive new year for 2014. Let it be amazing! I will be recording those positive snippets and this time next year I expect to be even further developed as the person I want and hope to be.

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801680-Thinking-of-the-Past---week-two