*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801701-Does-rain-on-new-years-day-mean-rain-all-year
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#801701 added January 1, 2014 at 8:08pm
Restrictions: None
Does rain on new year's day mean rain all year?
It has been raining here in Gainesville all day long, a good day for snoozing, reading, writing, and playing on the computer. I did have some high hopes of doing some sewing or drawing but haven't been in the right mood for that yet. Too many electronic distractions, I think.

I did manage to finish up my story for my writing group meeting tomorrow "My Last Meal. It made me hungry *Smile*.

My Delaware daughter texted last night that she was fixing black-eyed peas, collard greens, and cornbread for lunch for a couple of friends today and then they were going to see Walter Mitty. It's interesting what people think they need to eat on New Year's Day for good luck for the rest of the year. My mom always fixed ham and cabbage. I think it was from leftover ham at Christmas *Smile*. And then she always said it was good luck if a man came to visit on New Year's Day...women visitors were bad luck, if they came first. Anyone ever heard that before?

My North Dakota son also texted last night. He was on his way home from delivering a rig to Cheyenne, Wyoming. I think he said he was sleeping over in Gillette and would start out early this morning for N.D.via Montana. He said the weather was "mild" in Wyoming..hmmmm. I guess, compared to N.D., that could be true.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 Happy May 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy May 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801701-Does-rain-on-new-years-day-mean-rain-all-year