*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802291-Wildcard-Monday-Profile-Pictures
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#802291 added January 6, 2014 at 12:13pm
Restrictions: None
Wildcard Monday: Profile Pictures
It's Wildcard Monday! The January 6, 2014 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
How long has it been since you changed the image on your biography page? Browse around your fellow competitors' bio pages and hopefully they have something up for you to see. "Profile Pictures" are commonplace on most social websites, so I want you to discuss them. What is appropriate? Do you show your face, or display mostly ambiguous pictures? Why?

I've never had an image on my biography pace, probably because I never thought to upload a photo of myself, anything, or anyone else. I have to upload one, but I don't think I have recent photo of me so I guess I'm going to have to take a selfie (something I've never done) and hope it doesn't break the camera. I could, of course, take a photo of my pet rocks or even my coffee cup and upload one of those. I like the idea of posting a photo of my favorite coffee cup on my biography page.

On the bio pages of the other competitors I found (1) a beautiful pink flower (I'm not sure of the species), (2) a picture of the woman with her pet turkey, (3) a picture of the man standing at the beach (I see the waves coming into the shore), (4) a filmstrip, (5) a huge brown teddy bear being hugged by someone, (6) a woman smiling, and (7) a graphic of a character. Since I have to update my biography anyway, I will either take a photo or scan something that I consider appropriate and reflects some aspect of my personality or life to upload for my biography photo.

What is an appropriate biography photo? Something that won't break the camera when I take the picture. I will check the photos and graphics I have on the other computer, but I think I'm going to take a new photo or scan something else for the biography photo. If the photo or graphic I choose reflects an aspect of my life or personality, I don't think it's ambiguous.

Thought of the Day: “All photographs are memento mori. To take a photograph is to participate in another person’s (or thing’s) mortality, vulnerability, mutability. Precisely by slicing out this moment and freezing it, all photographs testify to time’s relentless melt.” - Susan Sontag



© Copyright 2014 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802291-Wildcard-Monday-Profile-Pictures