*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803272-Mixed-Feelings
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#803272 added January 14, 2014 at 12:52pm
Restrictions: None
Mixed Feelings
Two weeks into the new year and I'm already getting the feeling it's going to be another eventful one, full of surprises and many not the sort I'd want. But no one can predict as I well know, so I'll just hang on to my woolly winter hat of hope. It's been a rather hectic and strange week full of mixed emotions, but I'll spare you the details and list a short summary.

*Bullet* My visit to my sister's included a lot of rain, food, nattering, booze and not much sleep. *Yawn* We did enjoy a swimming session, a meal at a Mexican restaurant, a cuppa and catch up with my niece, a long walk by the local canal and many shared conversations and memories.

*Bullet* However, on my last night there we discovered something posted on Facebook which triggered alarm bells and caused a lot of concern. My hubby and other people I know claim Facebook should be banned for various reasons and this was one of those occasions when I wished I hadn't looked. I'm not a big fan and don't hang around in there long, but once a post has been viewed which makes no sense it's difficult to put to the back of your mind. Without going into detail it involved my daughter-in-law yet again and I felt I had to pursue the matter gently for my own peace of mind.

*Bullet* So, on my return when son and family arrived for an overnight stop, I tried to quietly discuss the worrying matter with them. I should have known better as after all this time I'm fully aware Mey Ling is volatile, unreasonable and still deeply immersed in her culture and its strange ways. All hell let loose once more and as usual resulted in stalemate and no solution, leaving me feeling guilty and the evil one, while Mey Ling sulked and ignored me. Eventually they went out to meet friends and we looked after the three children. Things calmed down somewhat the following day and I just have to accept I will never understand or trust my daughter-in-law or my son for that matter. It makes me very sad, but all I can do is accept things are what they are, nothing will change on that front and learn to keep my mouth shut.

*Bullet* After almost a week of upset after Tommy the cat had gone missing, I think we'd all given up hope. But, good news arrived late on Sunday afternoon when a vet six miles from where the family live called to say Tommy had been brought in by someone. Thank goodness my son had taken the trouble to have him microchipped. This cheered everyone up and the children were really thrilled. However…always a but isn't there? Paul thought it wise to have him checked over by their own vet and it seems he's picked up an intestinal infection on his adventure which will take some strong treatment. Hopefully all will be well, but he's being confined to base for the moment.

*Bullet* And if I need any more proof my hubby is from Mars or losing the plot completely, it arrived later when he was in the kitchen and Paul was watching football on television in the lounge. After a while he shouted…

'The score's 2-2 now Dad'

His reply?

'Who to?' *Rolleyes*

I pray for the strength to cope with whatever lies ahead this year, but hope I can retain the ability to *Laugh* at every opportunity.

© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803272-Mixed-Feelings