*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802601-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#802601 added January 8, 2014 at 7:33pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
I made it in here a little earlier tonight, and have a little more time to write my entry. It's been kind of insane again, but it's getting better again. For one, I'm getting to bed earlier, which means more sleep, resulting in feeling much better. Also, it means I'm up on time and that means a little more time in the mornings. Add to that, if you will, the fact that just feeling better and being more alert means being more proficient and better utilizing my time. Finally, I'm not so tired after work, so I'm not taking a nap, therefore, I'm not burning up an hour or two sleeping and another half hour trying to get woke back up again. The final results are better use of time, more time, and less wasted time.

I used some of that time today to get some work done. I had some new year paperwork to update, some forms and documents to update, and plenty of printing and filing to finish it up. I still have to make some copies, but will do that at work tomorrow and save on my paper and ink supplies.

I also have to do an interview and had hopes we would be hiring, but it's not sounding good. I need someone who can work weekends and this person can't. I don't know much else, since I haven't met him yet, but he also wanted more hours, which isn't the best, either. Wanting more is alright, but once your prospective new boss says that's all there is available at this time, you shouldn't request more hours again.

Also, this person will need some time off for Guards and that could put us in a mess if it's during double coverage, which is very likely. No, I don't know much about the person but what I do know indicates that he will not fill the position we have open. I support the Guard, but I have no room for someone who needs time off and can't work the needed hours. I just don't have anyone to fill in the position, that's why I want to hire someone.

Also, if he's not satisfied with the hours now, how long will it take for him to find something with more hours? I already know he wants more, so it's likely he will be looking for them and when he finds them -- gone! Again, if it's during the busy time, we're in hurting shape.

We spent the entire summer hurting and not having the help we needed, I don't want a repeat this summer, so I need to find someone who is content with the hours available now, willing to pick up more as needed, and who can work and fill in as needed. I do try and work with everyone as much as I can, and I do grant time off as well as letting them switch shifts, but I have to be able to depend on them being able to work if the need comes up.

Right now, I have two more people to interview, and we are not in a bad situation right now, so I can take the time I need to find someone. It wasn't like that in the past, and we got some real headaches as a result.

Now, it's smelling like it's time to eat supper, watch a little netflix, and then turn in. I'm hoping to get a little attention tonight, you know. No, not that kind of attention, although I wouldn't mind at all. No, I'm talking a nice back massage; I have this huge not on my spine right between my shoulders and it's quite painful.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802601-Wednesday