*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802751-The-Story-So-Far
Rated: E · Book · Entertainment · #1932477
It is a waste to ignore the musings of the mind.
#802751 added January 10, 2014 at 2:45am
Restrictions: None
The Story So Far
The news shook her. Cancer? Why me, she asked, as she lay her head down and cried.

She kept the news to herself for a month. She told no one, not even her husband. Nor her children. Why let them know. It was her problem, her cancer. So for a month she said nothing to no one.

One night as she lay in bed, tossing and turning, unable to sleep. She cried a little. The problem was hers and she didn't want to lay it on her family. She must decide what to do. Her doctor advised her to tell her family. It was no good keeping it all to herself. The cancer was found. Now it was time to decide whether to go for surgery.

She began to lose weight. She hardly slept at nights. She felt nauseous each time she had dinner with the family. She could not look them straight. She could not tell them. She must bear the burden herself.

One day her parents came to town for a week's visit. She was glad to see them. But she still didn't tell them. Somehow, her Mom knew there was something she was keeping from the family. She cornered her daughter, spoke to her, and at last she found out the problem.

She hugged her Mom and realized she laid the problem on her aging mother. But to her surprise, her Mom wasn't burdened at all. She was there for her daughter, cancer or no cancer. She cuddled her grown-up little girl, she advised her to take the surgery as soon as the cancer is confirmed. Then, she gathered the whole family, and told them.

As she lay listening to the soft music coming from the radio, she realized it was folly of her not to share her burden with the family. One by one her children offered to care for her during and after her surgery. And best of all, they told her off for being selfish, in a soft and kind and loving way...





© Copyright 2014 elephantsealer (UN: liliapadwes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
elephantsealer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802751-The-Story-So-Far