*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803901-Before-We-Lose-Control
Rated: E · Book · Entertainment · #1932477
It is a waste to ignore the musings of the mind.
#803901 added January 20, 2014 at 12:53am
Restrictions: None
Before We Lose Control
What has the old year taught us when it concerns our writing? Take control.

Another year has gone by, and still we feel no satisfaction we have done any big thing to get us nearer to our dream: to look at the moon and see the realization of a dream we had since we decided to be a writer.

We have submitted and got rejected. We decided to look at the work that had been rejected. We found it lacking. We revised once, twice, thrice, and more until we became completely frustrated and left that piece of writing in the computer, to be forgotten.

Once in a while we remembered it is still in the heart of the computer; but we let it be and we don't ever decide to rescue it. We questioned our decision? Why did we start it in the first place? Why was it lacking? Why was it rejected? The rejection notice didn't mention why it was rejected. It was just returned, rejected, a piece of nothing that came out of our heart and mind.

What was actually wrong with it? It was typewritten, in English, double spaced, and in good paper; that we can be sure of. We really would have loved for the rejector to have told us the piece of writing was unreadable, not focused, did not follow the rule of "show, don't tell". Was it really that bad the rejector could not be bothered to let the writer know her/his writing was the worst in the slush pile?

So, we leave that writing in the computer, to fester, to remind us we are not good enough to write. We now think we are not meant to write.

And so, we shall just look at the moon and dream our dream again...




© Copyright 2014 elephantsealer (UN: liliapadwes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
elephantsealer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803901-Before-We-Lose-Control