*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802786-Day-10-All-my-fams-horses-and-all-my-fams-men
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1910923
Looks like I may have a ton of these, so this is collection 1 of Reflections
#802786 added January 10, 2014 at 1:03pm
Restrictions: None
Day 10: All my fam's horses and all my fam's men....
....can't make me a little girl again.

Do your friends and family follow your blog? If so, do you tailor your posts accordingly? If not, and you suddenly found out that your friends and family read your blog regularly, would you be okay with it or would it make you nervous? Why?

Good question. My family aren't big readers on or off the internet so the only one to ever read my old LiveJournal (LJ) was my Aunt Pat. She's the best for the job too because, she gets it. That being said I have shared some poems with them and even given them my port address, but I doubt most, or any, have taken the time to peruse it yet, which is fine with me.

I somewhat tailor my FBook posts to be more 'family friendly', but even that pushes the bounds a bit.

I would never tailor my blog though or be nervous if I knew they read it. This is a safe place for all my unfiltered thoughts. One thing that sucked about LJ: there was a time or two that real life friends (who brought me into the site to begin with) were the subject of my post and I had to hide/lock it. But after a year or so I even made those posts public.

My goal in life is to be the type of individual that is the exact same behind someones back as I am to their face. I HATE when people lie to me or talk behind my back. I may not like what you have to say but that's far preferable to you only spreading bile about me when I'm not around to defend myself or at least attempt to understand your side.

I've said it b4 and I'll say it a million times more: Communication is Key.

My family already knows me as 'the one who always has a reason/comeback/rationale'. What they don't always understand is it's not because i'm "combative/argumentative", it's because I've taken a ton of time to think and analyze why I am the way I am; why I think the way I think; and feel the way I feel. Many 'adults' in my life just aren't ready for that.

Not saying I'm always right, not at all. But if you ask me why I did something or try to argue with me about some decisions I have made I will likely be ready with a counter; especially if it's a choice that's been made/in the making for a long time.

K, that was somewhat of a tangent but anyways: No they don't follow on the regular, I would be fine with it if they did and it would not make me nervous. ....though I may be a bit more diplomatic with entries like "Sensitive Topic ...then again knowing me, and depending on my temper at the time, maybe not......

© Copyright 2014 A*Monaing*Faith (UN: afaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A*Monaing*Faith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802786-Day-10-All-my-fams-horses-and-all-my-fams-men