*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803143-Relievedfor-a-while
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#803143 added January 13, 2014 at 5:18pm
Restrictions: None
Relieved...for a while...
I just got back home from an appointment with my 'skin doctor'. I am a dysfunctional idiot in the couple days before. Two biopsies today, one a maybe melanoma and one a maybe basal cell skin cancer, a week for the results to come back from the pathologist. Even though there is nothing to feel better about, I always do for a little while after I get back home. Guess it's just the relief of it being over for now.

I've never had a basal cell before and she says that's the best kind. I agree, I hardly blinked. I guess melanomas will do that to you. Somebody? sprinkled me with funny looking moles.

I did go to my local WAG (Writers' Alliance of Gainesville) Meeting yesterday and the speaker, Melissa Lee, was interesting, a blogger who is actually franchising her blog, http://www.thepermanenttourist.com/ Who knew you could do that! She highly recommended a book titled The War of Art by Steven Pressfield about how we are at war with ourselves (resistance) when pursuing our artistic dreams.

My numbing medicine is wearing off so....

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 Happy Mom's Day 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy Mom's Day 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803143-Relievedfor-a-while