*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803437-Wednseday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#803437 added January 15, 2014 at 9:23pm
Restrictions: None
Wednseday
I have a little more time tonight, but just a little. That's still an improvement from running behind, and it also means I'm actually semi-awake tonight when I write. All in all, I'm doing pretty good at getting my sleep, but some nights, like last night, I come up short. Even so, I took a nice nap this afternoon and made up for the few hours I was short last night.

I do want to get my sleep tonight, it's going to be a tough day for me tomorrow, and possibly a long one. We are in a blizzard warning for the night and all day tomorrow, ending around midnight tomorrow night. Not a lot of snow predicted, but the weather is right for a lot more than they are saying. Right now, they say an inch is all, but with winds at 35 to 45 mph with gusts as high as 65 mph, it won't take much snow to turn everything into a big white mess.

I have to work in the morning, so will be up around three, and hopefully on the road by four. It normally takes a half hour or so to get there, but I'm giving myself an hour, and may still be late if it's as bad is it sounds. Once I'm there, I doubt I'll be very busy, but I will have to venture out to shovel and do my checks. Of course, there will be a few people coming through the yard to pick up items, but more likely later in the morning or afternoon.

I should be home by noon, if things work right, but with the blizzard, I may end up working until five tomorrow night; twelve hours of work, if my relief can't make it in. The evening guard lives right in town, and should be able to get to work, so I won't have to work till closing.

Now, I need to bundle up against the wind, I can hear it howling outside my window, and take the dogs out one last time. At least it's not cold yet, so it won't be too bad. On the flip side, however, if the precipitation comes before the temperature drops, we will get rain since it's still thirty-six degrees out. Then, as the temperature does drop, it's going to turn everything to ice, and then snow and blow on top of it. We already have a nice coating of ice from yesterday that isn't melted off completely, making things kind of difficult. If we get a fresh coat of the slickery stuff, with winds gusting to 65, it may be very difficult to drive anyplace without getting blown off the road.

We will hope for the best of this situation, and the moisture will hold off until after the temperature has dropped some. Positive thoughts, Baby -- positive thoughts.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803437-Wednseday