*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803585-Thursday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#803585 added January 16, 2014 at 10:20pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday
It went and got late on me again tonight, but this time it's not all my fault -- honest! Seriously, I was doing good and getting things ready for a productive afternoon. I worked this morning, and had to leave early to get to work on time, because of blizzard conditions, and except for the visibility being bad, almost full white out at times, the drive wasn't bad.

Sure, it was slow going, especially when visibility dropped to almost zero, but I had left early and had time plenty of time. I arrived at work in ample time, had a decent day at work, and then stopped and picked up a few items on my way home. That's when things started going wrong.

I bumped my four-wheel low button and it triggered a switch into four low. No problem, I'll just push it again and go back to two wheel drive; nothing happened. I tried it a few times, but could not get it to switch out. I finally stopped, put it in park and called Rhonda at home, explained the situation, and that I was going over to my brothers to see if we could figure out how to get it to switch.

I pushed the button while in park, not expecting anything, and it shifted right out. I had pulled into a side drive at this time and in driving back out, I found myself now hung up. I pushed for four-wheel high, and it shifted no problem. I drove out to the road and began my trek home. Only now it would not shift out of four high.

I wasn't about to stop again, for fear something else would happen and I would be stuck in town, in a blizzard. So I drove home in four-wheel drive. When I got home, I put it in park and tried the same trick as before -- nothing. I shifted into neutral and tried it. No problem, it shifted back into two-wheel drive just like a champ.

Once in the house, I got out of my work cloths and tackled Rhonda, playfully of course. One thing lead to another and soon we were engaged in some afternoon delights. After, we talked a little, then I did some stuff on the computer, she started to get dinner going and the phone rang. Yep, I had to get dressed and go back into work.

So much for a productive afternoon. No time to do much of anything after getting back home. Even so, I have been letting our Bible study slip again, so we got things set up and did our Bible study. We also enjoyed a nice dinner, and then I got into here to check my social sites and then over to WdC to get this done. I didn't have time for much else, but I did see some good news.

Well I didn't, I couldn't get Facebook to load right, but Rhonda seen the post, we are grandparents again, a little girl joined the ranks of grand children. It's always nice to get good news when things are going in a difficult direction. Tomorrow is another day, and hopefully I can get to some of the things I want to do in here. However, I have to do an interview, work on a schedule for training, depending on when he can get the time to come in, he's currently employed and will have to work around his job for the next two weeks. On top of that, I have to coordinate it with the Front office, and they are very limited when they can work with training for the next six weeks.

Hopefully, it will all work out fine, and there won't be any problems; onward with the positive waves.  Think positive and it will be a mother beautiful day tomorrow and I will get the interview done, hire another guard, and still be home in time to get a lot done. That's the thoughts I'm holding to~

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803585-Thursday