*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803763-Day-18-Dream-a-Little-Dream
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#803763 added January 18, 2014 at 3:02pm
Restrictions: None
Day 18: Dream a Little Dream
*Written as part of the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS

Day 18 Prompt: Our brains are master creators when we sleep, creating worlds of dreams for us to explore every night. Write about the last vivid or lucid dream you remember and what you believe its significance was.

I honestly can't remember the last time I had a dream. I don't sleep very long each night, so I have a tendency to fall asleep right away, sleep deeply, and wake up without remembering much of anything. When I do remember my dreams, they're usually bizarre mash-ups of stuff that I've thought about throughout the day, and I've taken enough psychology classes that I've read about (and buy into) the idea that dreams are mostly about your brain unloaded all its baggage that it's carried throughout the day. I don't put a lot of weight in the significance of dreams in the sense that they're trying to tell us something or that they can be interpreted as a way of guiding our life choices or good fortune.

Sometimes I wish I could remember my dreams just because my wife will share something she dreamed about and it's kind of fun to discuss it and pretend to wonder it has some greater significance... and it's always a little disappointing to be like, "Oh, that was really cool; sorry, I don't remember anything I dreamed about," but ultimately I don't think that's something I would wish to change if I could because she sometimes has trouble sleeping as a result of what she dreams about, and I sleep just fine in my empty unconscious bliss. *Wink*

© Copyright 2014 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803763-Day-18-Dream-a-Little-Dream