*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803874-Day-19-Weekly-Recap
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#803874 added January 19, 2014 at 7:13pm
Restrictions: None
Day 19: Weekly Recap
*Written as part of the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS

Day 19 Prompt: Blog. Tell us about your week. Include your favorite blog entry from your fellow challengers from the preceding week and, most importantly, why.

It was another busy week this week. I'm starting to feel a bit repetitive saying that, but it's really true. 2014 is shaping up to be a really tough year, not in the sense that anything has proven particularly trying or challenging yet, just that it's definitely shaping up to be very hectic and without a lot of rest and relaxation. At work, we've been understaffed for almost a year now, but recently we've reached the point where it's the first time we actually haven't been able to keep track of all the projects going on. In the past, we've been able to keep a handle on everything with long hours and lots of hard work, but we're finally reaching the point where people are asking us about projects we haven't even heard mentioned before and yet are supposed to know about. It's good to be busy, but I hate feeling like no amount of hard work, preparation, and efficiency can dig you out of the hole you're in; feeling like you're getting two shovelfuls of dirt tossed onto you for every one you manage to dig out. *Frown* Still, I enjoy what I do and I work with people I really like, so at least we're all in it together!

Around Writing.Com I've been keeping busy as usual. I finally got the group email out to the "Unofficial Erotica Newsletter Group for the book club that I'd like to start in February, and the "Blog Harbor from The Talent Pond Winter Blogging Challenge is still going strong. I'm amazed that we still have six bloggers who haven't missed a single day yet, and we've even picked up a few new bloggers along the way. I've managed to keep up with the prompts for the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS myself, and haven't missed a day here either. *Smile* Those are the major projects I'm working on right now, plus a couple site newsletters and other assorted tasks which manage to keep me busy.

My favorite prompt this week was the 30-second "end of your life" speech. I think a lot of people really got into it and came up with some great responses. Oddly, though, my favorite blog posts were from different prompts. I'd give LostGhost: Seeking & Learning 's post "Childhood Experience and Time Travel again! the runner-up slot, and I think my winner of the week is blainecindy with her post "Invalid Item. She hates the "Funny Friday" prompts, but I really appreciate the fact that she compensates by giving the prompts a lot of thought and coming up with a different perspective on them.

© Copyright 2014 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803874-Day-19-Weekly-Recap