*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804260-Tell-us-something-you-learned-today
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by kat
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1972989
My thoughts ~ Imagination is even more valuable than knowledge.
#804260 added January 23, 2014 at 2:17am
Restrictions: None
Tell us something you learned today
Tell us something you learned today


I woke to the phone ringing; the clock read 5:30 am.  It was the automated system notifying me of a possible job for the day.  I went through the motions accepting the job then lay back down to rest for an hour or so.  When I woke to my alarm I remembered I had an appointment to keep that conflicted with this job so I called to retract.  When they informed me there was no one else to fill the position I agreed to work for as long as possible. 


This was a job with the same little boy as the previous day and I was excited to see his smiling face.  He was not in a good mood and seemed to be having more trouble staying focused which makes a hard day.  The behavior exhibited by the child paled in comparison to the behavior of his “teacher”.  She is a typical older teacher who feels she has more knowledge than most and is set in her ways and opinions.  I felt attacked and belittled repeatedly by her and have vowed not to go back even if they are the only call I receive. 


I learned today that no matter where I go there will be people who treat me like I know nothing.  I also learned that life is too short to dwell on it.  Chances are this will soon be an open position that I could possibly apply for.  I know that if I were to get a job like this I would be miserable and it would take more effort to enjoy the good things in my life than I want to exert.  As much as I have enjoyed this little boy I am glad that I have an obligation that keeps me from saying yes if they need me tomorrow.  I also wish luck to whoever draws the short straw and ends up filling this job.  I am happy to be home tonight and wish everyone would be kind, tolerant, and wise (Like Me  ). 



© Copyright 2014 kat (UN: katsbooks72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
kat has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804260-Tell-us-something-you-learned-today