*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804492-25-Profitable-Philanthropy-and-Fantasy-Engineering
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1910923
Looks like I may have a ton of these, so this is collection 1 of Reflections
#804492 added January 25, 2014 at 9:22pm
Restrictions: None
25: Profitable Philanthropy and Fantasy Engineering
I'm officially grounding myself from bringing drinks into my bedroom. Knocked my earl grey tea over while twirling around to Diamonds Covers   *LE SIGH*
Thank Bob it wasn't full and was already chilled off.
I partially blame The StoryMistress cuz it was her fault I started falling down the YouTube rabbit hole of covers in the first place! ;-P See "Note: Pure beauty, that's what this is. Kina'..." for the proof!
---------

At what point does a for-profit company have an obligation to the social good? If your job as a CEO is to maximize profit, at what point could you justify cutting those profits to accomplish something else like lessening environmental impact, keeping jobs local, etc.?

I dunno, I'm not a CFO or even an FO, my parents are the accountants. Hate to say it depends, but it does. How big is the company? What are we selling? What do we manufacture? What city are we in?
Let's assume we're a huge conglomerate in a relatively small town right outside a struggling metropollis like Detroit. I would do everything I could to 'give back' and help the community.

I'm a specifics kinda girl, so not being able to give ballpark numbers is bothering me. I don't think it's very business savvy but I'm gonna throw 30%-50% out there. Meaning, if my company makes a profit of 100 million a year, I would like to spend 30-50 million on a combination of Green sustainability   and community outreach projects .

-----
You are the architect of your dream house - describe your creation in detail.

Disclaimer: With the anniversary of Dad's death around the corner, prepare for an overabundance of Daddy Issue Memories.

This prompt auto made me think of the dream house my Dad was always talking about building, shame it never got off the ground, it woulda been sweet.

One thing I loved about his design idea was the indoor/outdoor pool. You see part of it was inside the house and the other part was outside (self-explanatory) BUT the two were connected by a series of underground pipe tunnels that flowed throughout the house. Nice right? I was digging it. So yea, I'd do something like that on the ground/basement floor.

Not sure if I want two (or even three) levels or not. For sake of this entry I'mma say 2 levels not including a finished attic and basement. First level is living space: living room, dining room, laundry room, 1/2 bath and state of the art kitchen with plenty of space for a 8 person table and island.

2nd floor, 5 or 6 bedrooms, it's a dream so lets go with 6. 2 on either side of the hall across from each other, each pair shares a joining bathroom. 2 master bedroom/suites, one on each end, for a total of 4 full baths upstairs. Attic is play/animal area. Lots of toys/kid friendly technology set-up.

Basement, 2 huge offices set to either side that double as library/craft room, remaining space can be divided into movie/game area, partition can be moved to open for home theater. Projection based visual entertainment. Furnished bar and maybe a personalized pool table.

"Dream Home Ideas"
Google  
http://www.pinterest.com/ccreegan/dream-home-examples/

---------------------------
After some deliberation I have decided to forgive The StoryMistress for making me spill my tea earlier. Especially since her "Note: *Clock2* 24-HOUR MEDIA PROMPT *Clock2*..." prompted me to complete "Another Mad Dash. *Starstruck* #imagiver
*Quill* As my first lesbian erotica I like it because I was able to be more 'extreme' with girls; I don't like for my men to be as passive/nice as Amelia or as aggressive/mean as Brittany

Note to self: Need to start checking WD more often....
http://www.writersdigest.com/competitions/short-short-story-competition
http://www.pw.org/grants?order=Deadline&filter0=20+or+less&filter1=32&&perpage=2...
https://www.google.com/search?q=lesbian+erotica+contest&oq=lesbian+erotica+conte...

© Copyright 2014 A*Monaing*Faith (UN: afaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A*Monaing*Faith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804492-25-Profitable-Philanthropy-and-Fantasy-Engineering