*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804931-Help
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#804931 added January 28, 2014 at 12:40pm
Restrictions: None
Help!
Having decided to downgrade my membership from Premium to Upgraded is causing a few headaches and a lot of pondering. I don't find WDC the friendliest site to use technically if I'm honest and my one remaining brain cell is struggling over what steps I need to take to ensure things go smoothly and I don't lose anything of importance. I've studied the membership information and can't see that many differences in the features offered to make a deal of difference to my activities, but it would make a difference to my finances. However, I'd appreciate any help or advice on the following…

*Bullet* I've looked at the prices in dollars and pounds, but can't find what each type of membership costs in gift points. I suspect however that if I wished to keep my present level I'd need to be reviewing from now until the day of expiry without stopping, to earn enough gift points.

*Bullet* I notice the book size limit drops from 4MB to 2MB, but again have no idea how to find the size of the books in my portfolio. Can some kind soul point this duh brain in the right direction please? I would hate to lose my blogs, but at present can only see the number of entries in them, not the size.

*Bullet* I'm assuming no photos can be posted with an upgraded account, which seems a little weird when photos can be posted on most sites for free. I also assume that once I've downgraded all photos in my blogs etc will disappear? Not ideal, but they aren't essential to the entries and it's the writing I wish to keep, not the pictures, if needs be. Are my assumptions correct?

*Bullet* Portfolio size will probably be the biggest problem. Dropping from1000 allowed items to 250 is rather drastic, but as I only have just over 500 at present, it has to be a possibility. If it's true no photos are allowed with an upgraded membership, would it be best to delete all my photo folders first, before assessing which writing to keep here? I really want to keep my blogs, writing folders and haiku books more than anything else.

All suggestions and advice much appreciated. If anyone knows next week's winning Lottery numbers that would help too...

*Bullet* Things on the home and family front are calmer, but still a little strained. Son's job finishes this Friday and as yet there's no other work on the horizon which is a bit worrying. Hopefully it will mean no more long trips over their way to pick the children up from school, take them to swimming, ballet, etc but who knows anything? Even the price of carrots eludes me these days.

© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804931-Help