*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805083-My-Brothers-Check-Arrived-Today
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#805083 added January 29, 2014 at 5:38pm
Restrictions: None
My Brother's Check Arrived Today
My brother's check for the security and the cleaning deposit arrived today, so now all I have to do is make an appointment with the leasing agent to sign the lease. I thank (if I remember correctly) it's a 6-month lease, which will make it expire in July 2014. It really doesn't matter to me whether it's 6 or 12-month lease because I doubt that a senior apartment will become available before February or March of 2015. It would be nice if an apartment became available when my lease is up in six months; however, since I have to wait for someone to move out of town, state, or die and the waiting lists are long I doubt I'll be out of the studio before 2015.

I'm not looking forward to moving. I'm not looking forward to staying in this cold house, but then the house is cold because I don't use the heat. I hope I can afford to use the heat in the new apartment, but then I can get help for that. My sister also sent a check, so I think I'll use part of the money she sent me to fill the car up with gas and have everything checked under the hood. I suspect I'm going to be doing a lot of driving next month because the place I have to apply for assistance requires that I go in for an interview. I don't mind going in, but I do mind the wait. I'll just have to plan taking a larger purse to carry both my journal and a book to read.

In the last paragraph, I said I wasn't looking forward to moving. That is only partly true, I'm not looking forward to moving the items into the apartment and getting everything put away. I'm looking forward to having a new place and getting to know new neighbors. The part I don't like about moving is transporting the stuff I'm taking in a car or hiring someone to help me move. I'll have to call my sister tonight and tell her I'm signing the lease either Thursday or Friday. I'm hoping to sign it on Thursday, but that depends on the leasing agents appointment schedule.

I suppose I'll have to hire someone to help me move, which is going to cut into my already tight February budget. I think I'll use part of the money my sister sent me to purchase toilet paper (a large package) and paper towels (large package); at least, then I won't have to worry about buying those things next month. I don't have to worry about food because I have a SNAP card and can go to local food banks. I do have to worry about the amount of potassium in my food, but I'll deal with that meal by meal. You know, the more I think about this move, the more excited I get. Maybe I do like moving after all.

© Copyright 2014 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805083-My-Brothers-Check-Arrived-Today