*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805240-Share-something-that-gave-your-self-confidence-a-boost-today
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by kat
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1972989
My thoughts ~ Imagination is even more valuable than knowledge.
#805240 added January 31, 2014 at 1:52am
Restrictions: None
Share something that gave your self confidence a boost today
I met with a group of writers tonight.  This is a group inspired by the desire to go somewhere with our writing.  The problem seems to be that we are all in different stages of writing.  I am the only one with published books and mine are all self published.  I put a lot of thought into what would make my books marketable and tweaked my manuscripts until I felt they were perfect.  I published them with high expectations and reveled in all of the positive comments that I received from the people who previewed my books.


In this group we shared our work. It was very interesting to see what other writers are working on.  The crime drama, the thriller and the contemporary women's novel were all well written; some better than others, but I long for another serious author of children's books.  The books I write have no swear words and no murder.  They are simple touching stories of hope and adventure for children.  This latest novel started out to be a chapter book for grade schoolers (that was my vision) and has turned into being geared more towards teen-agers or young adults.  It is a mystery to me why I seem to gravitate towards both ends of the reading levels and can not simply find a quaint story for older grade school children.  Maybe someday I will solve the mystery but until then I will relish the fact that I can boast five published books.  Even if my books are self-published and have met with minimal sales at least I can say I have been published.  I watch these other writers and feel good about where I am with my writing career.


As I move forward from here I know it will only get better and I can hope someday to be a well known writer.  I dream of the day people are waiting for my next novel because they loved my characters and cant wait to hear more about them.  Until then I will continue to work hard and to move forward.  I will continue to write on!

© Copyright 2014 kat (UN: katsbooks72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
kat has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805240-Share-something-that-gave-your-self-confidence-a-boost-today