*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805350-What-you-see-out-one-of-your-windows
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by kat
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1972989
My thoughts ~ Imagination is even more valuable than knowledge.
#805350 added February 1, 2014 at 1:59am
Restrictions: None
What you see out one of your windows.
What you see out one of your windows.


As I look out my living room window I see a snow covered heaven where the trees block out the world.  Beyond the trees I know my treasures await in a field that is equally covered in white powder waiting to be disturbed.  I have waited all winter for the blanket of snow to cover my world but now that it is here I just wish for the trees to be standing in the bright sun of summer.  If you look to the left you see my garden; recognized only by the fence that surrounds it and the bricks and boards that define the raised beds.  The green house plastic that I covered my strawberries peeks through the snow waiting to find the sun and make a secret warm cove for the new plants to start.  Beyond the garden is the ponies frolicking in the fresh snow.  As they tear up the field I wonder what the larger version of this creature is doing in the field below. 


This winter wonderland is a nice thing to look out upon but I know that to go out in it my fingers would turn red from the cold.  My nose and cheeks would be frozen along with my ears if I failed to cover them.  The animals and the children love to play in the snow but the older I get the more I want the snow to be short lived.  I welcome the time when the view out my window includes green grass and maybe some critters grazing on it. 

© Copyright 2014 kat (UN: katsbooks72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
kat has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805350-What-you-see-out-one-of-your-windows