*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805306-Classic-Literature
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1777018
All about me and my world!
#805306 added January 31, 2014 at 7:37pm
Restrictions: None
Classic Literature
Jan 31, 2014


BCOF Prompt


What is your opinion of classic literature (Sophocles to George Orwell and everything between)

I do like some of it. I even liked Animal Farm by George Orwell.

Here are some of my other favorites of classic literature. Some of them may not be consider classic literature to every one though.

1. Sanctuary by William Faulkner
2. any thing and everything by Edgar Allen Poe
3. some of Emily Dickerson's poems
4. some of Nathaniel Hawthorne's stories and Scarlet Letter
5. everything by H P Lovecraft (now, y'all may not think he has anything to do with classic literature, but I think he does because to me he influenced the whole horror genre)
6. Shirley Jackson
7. Tennessee Williams (he's from Mississippi)
8. F Scott Fitzgerald

If y'all have read any of my stuff, you may see influences of Edgar Allen Poe,
H P Lovecraft, Shirley Jackson, Tennessee Williams, and F Scott Fitzgerald.

Is Tolkien considered classic literature?

News In My World!


I just had to persuade my youngest baby to take his heartworm prevention pill. I had to break it up and spread a little butter in each part to get him to shallow it. My other two babies took the pill, no problem.

I went to my neurologist for my check up. I have seizures, so I have to go every four months. He upped the dosage on my vimpat from 100mg pills to 150mg pills twice a day as usual.

Tomorrow, I start The Soundtrack of Your Life contest. It's a blog contest where you share a song that has influenced a part of your life. It will be for the month of Feb.

I also went to Kroger and Wal-Mart. I was finally able to get some ground soy and Eziel (not sure how to spell it) bread. I was able to get some more Bolthouse Vanilla Chai smoothies and almond milk for a good price (under 2 dollars).

Bye for now!

Sister of Mercy

© Copyright 2014 very thankful (UN: sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
very thankful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805306-Classic-Literature